Suffolk University faculty and staff can reserve the following computer classrooms through our office - Sawyer 508, 521 and 522. These computer classrooms are all located on the 5th Flr, Sawyer Building, 8 Ashburton Place, Boston , MA
However the following information should be carefully considered before making a request -
- These facilities are available whenever classes are NOT scheduled.
- Semester long reservations are initially booked by department staff in coordination with OTM and the Registrar's office when course schedules are put into the system, normally a year in advance.
- In general, we do not book any reservations in the room until we are a few weeks into the semester as needs change based on faculty teaching styles.
- For courses that need access for one or two sessions, OTM can schedule these based on room availability only.
- External organizations need to be sponsored by a University office or be granted permission to use the facilities by the University Provost's Office
Alert: If the reservation requires special software not already on the computers, we require additional time for acquiring, installing and testing (up to 3 months in advance during the semester)
Things to keep in mind when using Sawyer 508, 521 or 522.
- Please note absolutely no food or drink is allowed in any of the computer classrooms. Failure to comply may result in denial of access for future requests.
- Students may login using the heavily restricted Sawyer account. They may save to an external device or to the V drive. The V drive is frequently deleted and any files with personal data or considered of value should not be stored there. We request you test applications you plan to use well in advance to ensure they work on the day of your event.
- We expect our equipment will be treated with the utmost care and any issues encountered should be reported to our office. We also expect your guests to act in a courteous and professional manner when on campus.
- When you are done with the computer classroom, please have your users log off or restart the computer and be sure to shut off the projector. Please remember to also close the door after you leave.