Suffolk University faculty and staff can reserve the following computer classrooms through our office - Sawyer 508, 521 and 522. These computer classrooms are all located on the 5th Flr, Sawyer Building, 8 Ashburton Place, Boston , MA
The following information should be carefully considered before making a request -
- These facilities are available whenever regular classes are NOT scheduled.
- Semester long reservations are initially booked by department staff in coordination with ITS and the Registrar’s office when course schedules are put into the system, normally a year in advance.
- In general, we do not book any reservations in the room until we are a few weeks into the semester as needs change based on faculty teaching styles.
- For courses that need access for one or two sessions, ITS can schedule these based on room availability.
How do I request a reservation?
To request a reservation, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Include as much detail as possible and be sure to include the following:
1. Dates and times you need the room
2. Purpose of reservation
3. Number of students or users attending
4. Do you need any software installed?
Please observe the following when using Sawyer 508, 521 or 522.
- No food or drink is allowed in any of the computer classrooms. Failure to comply may result in denial of access for future requests.
- Students may login using their own account or the room specific account. Ask us. They may save to an external device or to the V drive. The V drive is frequently deleted and any files with personal data or considered of value should not be stored there.
- We request you test applications you plan to use well in advance to ensure they work on the day of your event.
- We expect our equipment will be treated with the utmost care and any issues encountered should be reported to our office. We also expect your guests to act in a courteous and professional manner when on campus.
- When you are done with the computer classroom, please have your users log off or restart the computer and be sure to shut off the projector. Please remember to also close the door after you leave.