If a telephone call is received:
- Get as much information about the caller as possible
- Keep the caller on the phone as long as possible. Delay them
- Tell a nearby coworker to contact the Suffolk University Police at (617)573-8111 and indicate that a bomb/bio-chemical or chemical threat is being received
- If possible, transfer the call to University Police Dispatch at (617)573-8111
- SUPD will contact the Risk Manager who will notify ICS Core Team as necessary.
- See attached "Telephone Procedures Bomb Threat Checklist" (Section 8.0). Complete the checklist to the greatest extent possible
- If an area of threat is specified, be prepared to evacuate specified floor, floor above, and floor below at SUPD discretion
Bomb Threat Protocols
- Remain calm, be courteous, do not interrupt the caller
- Do not discuss the threat in public
- Do not touch suspicious packages, letters or objects
- Do not start or repeat rumors
Suffolk University Police or other threat respondents will take responsibility for further action and will contact you if they need additional information.