Violence & Criminal Behavior on Campus
- If you observe a criminal act, a person acting in a suspicious manner on campus, violence on campus or the threat of violence on campus, notify University Police and Security at extension 8111 (or at 617-573-8111) as soon as it is safe to do so and report the incident.
- Include the following information when reporting an incident:
- Nature of the incident
- Location of the incident
- Description of person(s) involved
- Description of property involved
- Assist the Officers when they arrive by supplying them with any additional information and ask others to cooperate. SUPD would first respond, identify, stabilize, treat if needed, and write report.
- SUPD will inform the following administrators when there is a report of violence or criminal behavior on campus involving:
- Employees: SUPD will inform the Human Resources Office
- Resident Students: SUPD will contact the Director of Residence Life and Summer Programs
- Non-Resident Students: SUPD will contact the Dean of Students (Colleges)
- Law Students: SUPD will contact the Law School Dean of Students
- The EMPLOYEE exhibiting the violent behavior will be removed from the situation/campus and not allowed to return to campus/work until an investigation has been completed and a satisfactory plan has been developed. Violent behavior at the University can result in discipline, termination and/or prosecution.
- Disciplinary action may be taken against alleged STUDENT perpretators for violations of the Community Standards or Law School Rules and Regulations in the case of law student.