- Devices are to be used primarily for business purposes and as defined in the Acceptable Use Policy and Portable Device Policy.
- Employees are required to passcode protect their devices in accordance with the Portable Device Policy.
- For security purposes, if a device is lost or stolen, the user must immediately notify firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employees must comply with local laws concerning use of a device while operating a motor vehicle. Texting while operating a motor vehicle is prohibited. In addition, devices must be used hands-free
- Employees will be provided with a device, paid for by Suffolk University, for use in their employment only if they have been approved by their department head and their roles/responsibilities include one of the following criteria:
- The employee’s job involves 7X24 responsibilities, as described in the employee’s job description.
- The employee must be reachable at all times of the day and night, as described in the employee’s job description.
- The employee’s job responsibilities require significant travel.
- The employee’s job functions require considerable time outside of the assigned office or work area and it is important to the University that she/he is accessible during those times.
Any exceptions require approval from the CIO. Department heads are required to annually assess whether there is a continued need for the employee to keep a University-issued device. Convenience is not considered a valid reason to issue a device.