The Sawyer Computing Center is available for use by students currently enrolled at Suffolk University. The center provides an area where students can work on assignments, alone or in groups, and offers a wide variety of software preinstalled on all workstations.
Keeping this in mind, the following policies are in effect:
- All users of the Sawyer Computing Center must possess a current valid Suffolk University ID and will present it upon entering the facility.
- Cell phone use is NOT permitted in the center. Cell phone ringers should be switched off before entering. Please receive / make calls in the hallway.
- NO Food or Drink is allowed in the Computing Center enter at any time.
- Pets are not allowed in the Computing Center, with the exception of service animals.
- Workstations are available on a first-come, first-served basis only.
- The Computing Center is intended for academic work only.
- Groups holding discussions may use one of three designated group workspaces, located at the rear of the facility.
- Users should take care not to display images, sounds or messages which could create an atmosphere of discomfort or harassment to others.
- Workstations left unattended for more than 10 minutes will be restarted and made available to other users.
- Items found unattended will be moved to the Sawyer Security Booth, located in the lobby of the Sawyer Building.
- If asked to leave your workstation by a Center Coordinator, please do so immediately.
- Files saved on local and server storage drives can / will be deleted without notice. Work should be saved to a USB drive when possible.
- The Office of Technology Management is not responsible for loss of data while using the Computing Center. If you encounter an issue with a workstation, please inform the on-duty coordinator.
- All users are expected to comply with the campus policy on responsible use of information technology and all other campus policies.