Cancellations and Delays Policy
- In the event that weather or other emergency conditions warrant the closing, delayed start, or early closure of the University, announcements will be made via the University Emergency Messaging System and posted on the University website.
- Closing or delayed start announcements affecting day classes/activities will be made by 5:30 a.m.
- In the event we are closed for the day, we will alert the University community mid-day regarding the status of evening classes/activities that begin at 4:00 p.m. or later (unless already announced).
- Announcements will be made on the following radio and television stations:
- Radio stations: WBZ 1030 AM
- Television Stations: WBZ-TV Channel 4, WCVB-TV Channel 5, WHDH-TV Channel 7, FOX25-TV Channel 25, NECN's website
- Other: Rhode Island Broadcasters Association (RIBA) participating members http://www.ribroadcasters.com/images/user/file/RIBA%20Stations.pdf
Please call 617-573-8262 for updated messages. Do not call the University Police Department, switchboard, administrative offices, radio, or television stations to verify University closing.
- When classes are delayed or canceled, the cancellation will apply to the entire University, including all three schools – Arts & Sciences (including NESAD), Business, and Law – as well as libraries and all University activities (Student Affairs, athletic events, performances, etc.).
- On-line classes are typically not cancelled due to weather.
- Weekend and holiday closings or delays will be handled in the same manner as weekdays.
|Incident Support Team||7/1/2015|