MAJOR SYSTEM FAILURE - FACILITIES
(Electric, Heat, Air Conditioning, Gas Leak, Water/Sewer)
In the event of any major system failure University Police or the Facilities Services personnel will advise management of the situation in the following order:
- Assistant Director of Facilities Services
- Director of Facilities Services
- Director of Facilities Management
An immediate assessment will be made to determine if all life safety systems are operational and that no hazardous conditions are present. The senior facilities services and security personnel on site will make the final determination if a building is safe to occupy or if there should be relocation to another building.
Restoration of services will begin as soon as the safety and security of occupants and workers can be assured.
First responders to the scene shall conform to the following procedure as much as possible.
- Assess the situation
- Ensure the safety of occupants
- Ensure the safety of workers
- Abate hazardous conditions
- Secure University property to prevent further damage
- Notify management