|Incident Support Team||7/24/2013|
The building evacuation plan is building specific. It is important for all employees of the University to be familiar with the evacuation plan for the building that is their primary place of employment, as well as other areas that they frequent. Evacuation plans and means of egress are posted in all classrooms and most elevator lobby areas. Employees are advised to familiarize themselves with the closest route of safe egress.
Evacuation plans for each academic and administrative building on the Boston Campus are located in Section 53.0 of this EAP.
Evacuation plans for each residence hall on the Boston campus are located in Section 4.0.
WHAT TO DO WHEN AN ALARM SOUNDS
- To assist occupants in exiting the building by identifying exit routes (IF THEY CAN DO SO SAFELY)
- To know the assembly areas and to communicate this information to occupants in the event of an evacuation
- To check all areas of their floor (IF THEY CAN DO SO SAFELY) to ensure that occupants have vacated the floor
- To maintain a list of the occupants on their floor which they take with them in the event of an evacuation
- To assemble with the occupants of their floor at the assembly area and conduct a head count, if possible. Notify the emergency personnel of any persons who cannot be accounted for
- To notify emergency response personnel of any persons that they know have special needs or disabilities, or other non-ambulatory individuals who are unable to evacuate the building unassisted
|Incident Support Team||7/1/2015|