- Stay calm
- DO NOT TOUCH THE PACKAGE
- Contact SUPD at (617) 573-8111. They will contact Boston Police, Boston Fire Department, OEHS, and Facilities if necessary.
- SUPD will contact the Risk Manager who will contact ICS Core Team as necessary.
- If the package is opened or leaking, seal the room (close windows and lock the doors if you can do so), restrict acess to the area, and verbally notify other persons in your immediate area of the threat of a suspicious substance.
- If you open a letter or package that may have contaminated you or there is some sort of foreign substance in the envelope or package, place the letter back into the envelope/package and close it back up. Call SUPD to report the letter and tell the dispatcher you have opened the envelope/package, there is a substance inside, and what you have done up to that point
- If the package is unopened, seal, and leave the room and await direction from the proper authorities
- In buildings with centrally controlled HVAC, Facilities will shut off the air supply and return fans to the affected area(s)