- Stay calm
- DO NOT HANDLE THE PACKAGE
- Contact SUPD at (617)573-8111 or (617)573-8333. They will contact Boston Police, Boston Fire Department, OEHS, and Facilities
- If the package is opened or leaking, seal the room (close windows and lock the doors) and remain in the room until otherwise directed
- If you open a letter or package that may have contaminated you or there is some sort of foreign substance in the envelope or package, place the letter back into the envelope/package and close it back up. Call SUPD to report the letter and tell the dispatcher you have opened the envelope/package, there is a substance inside, and what you have done up to that point
- If the package is unopened, seal, and leave the room and await direction from the proper authorities
- In buildings with centrally controlled HVAC, Facilities will shut off the air supply and return fans to the affected area(s)
Unless Suffolk Suffolk University Police or other threat respondents request your help, leave further action to the appropriate authorities. will take responsibility for further action and will contact you if they need additional information.