Suffolk University is a member of the Sloan Consortium.
What is Sloan consortium?
As stated on their website, “Sloan Consortium is an institutional and professional leadership organization dedicated to integrating online education into the mainstream of higher education, helping institutions and individual educators improve the quality, scale, and breadth of online education. Membership in the Sloan Consortium provides knowledge, practice, community, and direction for educators.”
Click here to learn more about Sloan- C.
Here are some of the things available to you for free as a member of Sloan-C.
- FREE Sloan-C Elements of Quality Online Series books (pdf downloads)
- Practitioner Documents
- JALN, Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks
How to join?
To join Sloan-C, you need to create a free user account at: http://sloanconsortium.org/user/register
- Once you complete your registration, you will be forwarded to your “profile” page.
- Please enter your name and School name (Suffolk University) in the spaces provided. (A drop down box will appear as you enter the school name, please make sure it matches the one listed)
- The system will now recognize you as a member.
- Go to the member resources page for details on your membership benefits such as free webinars and access to the JALN.