What is Career Services?
The Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education helps graduate students define their career goals and provides support and resources to develop an successful, independent and proactive job search.
The office assist students at all Suffolk University Campuses, including Online. It also serves both current students and seasoned professionals.
Phone: (617) 573-8480
Fax: (617) 573-8752
Office Hours: Monday through Friday; 8:45 am to 4:45 pm
Appointments are scheduled in advance, due to demand. Evening appointments are available by special request. During the academic year, September to early May, there are open office hours from 1-2 pm, Monday-Friday
Please visit the Career Services website and get informed on the many services available to you.
Services that online students can participate:
Individual Advising/Phone Appointments
- Meet with a counselor by phone or a web conferencing tool.
- During your advising appointment, get assistance on:
- how to create an effective resume
- Develop successful interviewing techniques
- Devise networking strategies and identify job search resources
As part of the process, you may wish to do a career assessment test. CareerLeader, a web-based self-assessment for graduate business students. Please contact Michele Rapp, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in Career Leader or any other advising or counseling services or assessments.
- Career services has began to offer webinar style workshop and online students can attend or download them afterwards.
- Career Search is an online database that allows you to compile a list of employers in your area of interest. This allows you to identify and research both for profit and non-profit employers you wish to contact for jobs.